Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
We Need Someone Who Speaks Computer
Computers have their own language. Which most of us don’t speak. But you do. And we need your fluency. Let’s face it. The modern world is shackled to computers so we need experts like yourself to keep us running. So come join our crew. You don’t have to call yourself The Computer Whisperer but we might.
Converse is setting a bold strategic vision to lead with digital to connect the marketplace by positioning converse.com as the first and best source for authentic Converse products and experiences. To ensure we’re exceeding the mark, we’ve build a best in class analytics platform. As a key player of the Global Digital Analytics team, the Digital Data Engineering Sr Analyst will help build out and maintain the data foundation of this platform. This role will combine a unique blend of data engineering with an aptitude for platform/system architecture & business intelligence/advanced analytics, to ensure our analytics evolve at the speed of our consumers.
You are obsessed with data. You are results oriented and you play well with others. You understand how raw data points come together to drive business insight. You take data integrity personally.
- Development of data extracts and feeds from the full spectrum of systems in the Converse ecosystem, including transactional ERP systems, POS data, product and merchandising systems, etc.
- Engineering data products for a variety of Operations analytics use cases, ranging from reporting and data visualization to advanced analytics/machine learning use cases
- Supports designing technical specifications & data transformation models for junior developers
- Ensures developments is on track and meets specifications as defined by product management and the business
- Responsible for data integrity of current platform and QA of new releases
- Supports the development and maintenance of backlog items and solution feature; participates in sprint planning activities from a development perspective.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in platform engineering, ETL/data modeling, or analytics engineering development
- Experience with cloud-based data architecture and tool stacks; AWS stack experience a plus
- Expert level SQL; Experience with Python data science and data engineering libraries; Proven track record dealing with structured and unstructured data
- Experience working with a variety of database types (SQL/NoSQL, columnar, object-oriented) and diverse data formats
- Experience doing ETL with Spark and building data pipelines/orchestrations in Airflow a plus. Familiarity with ETL tools like Matillion
- Software development skills; Familiarity with DevOps toolchain and CICD
- Experience with data engineering for advanced analytics/data science use cases a definite plus
- Experience working with manufacturing/retail data a definite plus
- Proven track record of leading data integrity/QA, with an exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to speak both business and technology, and effectively liaison with both teams
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.