Risk Arbitrage Junior Portfolio Manager
Polar Asset Management Partners “Polar” is a Toronto based alternative asset manager established in 1991 which manages approximately US$ 7 billion. Polar’s flagship fund, Polar Multi-Strategy, seeks to generate superior risk-adjusted returns with low volatility and a focus on capital preservation. Within the Polar Multi-Strategy fund, the Global Convertible Bond & Risk Arbitrage Portfolio Manager seeks to add an experienced Risk Arbitrage Investor to the team.
• Generate long and short investment ideas for the Risk Arbitrage Strategy at Polar
• Monitor the universe of announced M&A deals for quantitative metrics of the opportunity set
• Conduct fundamental analysis and due diligence on potential investments
• Develop and maintain relationships to identify and access risk arbitrage flows
• Work alongside the broader Convertible Bond and Risk Arbitrage team to collaborate on ideas and leverage the team’s wider knowledge
• Work together with the wider team and business to develop and improve technology and data science tools related to the strategy
• A minimum of 5 years work experience within fundamental risk arbitrage investing
• Ideally, additional experience in M&A and/or corporate law gaining exposure to US, Canadian, and/or European equity markets
• Strong understanding of anti-trust regulation and review procedures in the US and beyond
• Highly numerate with excellent research, analytic, and technical skills
• Strong communication skills and team-oriented approach
• Passionate about financial markets, positive mindset, pro-active, and highly motivated
Toronto or New York with some travel required
Polar Asset Management partners is committed to equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. If you require an accomodation for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all who apply and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.