What is the opportunity?
Polar Asset Management, one of Canada’s leading hedge funds, is looking for a dynamic and passionate Senior Software Developer to join our growing team. The firm is strongly committed to in-house software development and believes the resulting competitive advantage is critical to business success. As a Senior Software Developer, you will be building, maintaining, improving, and providing user support for a software suite that supports all aspects of the business. You will work directly with end-users to build highly customized solutions in a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment. We are a fast-growing team with a mandate to grow and evolve through cutting edge technologies (e.g., AI and deep learning). We are looking for an enthusiastic developer to take on new problems across the board as we continue to push the technology forward.
What will you do?
- Build, maintain, support, and improve a software suite which is used by: Portfolio Management, Trading, Sales, Risk, Compliance, Operations, and Finance
- Work with Portfolio Managers and Investment Team to actively improve software that is critical to the firm’s business
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
Who are you?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in C#, .NET, C++, Java or any other object-oriented language
- Strong understanding of design patterns and modern user interface paradigms (MVC, MVP, MVVM)
- Solid experience with parallel and asynchronous programming
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in a quantitative discipline
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent work ethic, with the ability to excel in a demanding environment
- Communication skills
What’s in it for you?
- An extremely competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, and opportunity for profit sharing
- A comprehensive benefits package
- 4 weeks’ (20 days) vacation
- Leaders who support your development through mentoring, training & development
- Work-life balance and flexibility
- A passionate, dynamic, and high performing team
- Positive work culture that fosters growth, inclusion, and learning