Albourne is an investment consultant which was founded in 1994. Albourne advises over 270 investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries and family offices, on over $450billion alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. It specialises in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients to be the best investors they could be by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Analytics (data and tools) and Implementation (middle and back office) services. Albourne seeks to minimise potential conflicts of interest by only providing non-discretionary advice, which it does on a fixed fee basis.
Albourne’s 450+ employees are in 10 offices globally, including London, San Francisco, Connecticut, Munich, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Toronto, Nicosia and Bahrain. Albourne is proud of its flat structure with over 95 Partners, over 75 of whom are either share or option holders.
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our Norwalk, Connecticut office. You will have extensive Accounts Payable experience and will be responsible for all aspects of maintaining the purchase ledger of Albourne America LLC.
- Creating new suppliers in accounting system, including the collection and filing of new supplier forms, W9s, and ACH information.
- Processing of supplier invoices, checking authorization, matching, batching, coding and posting.
- Preparing weekly supplier payments ensuring accuracy and integrity of payment details and prepare corresponding bank entries.
- Ensuring that supplier statements are reconciled to a consistently high standard and where necessary, pro-actively following up and resolving any differences.
- Dealing with supplier invoice queries.
- Preparing and processing staff expenses on monthly basis to include; distribution of credit card statements, receiving relevant expense forms, processing payments for submission and verification.
- Maintaining the purchase ledger for the company.
- Identifying prepayments, logging them onto system and reconciliation at month end.
- Identifying, coding and posting fixed asset purchases; running month end depreciation.
- Running invoices and review them for accuracy before sending them out to clients.
- Assisting in preparation of debtor reports and follow up as needed.
- Reconciling debtor’s ledgers to ours.
- Organizing the online filing system.
- Opening mail and scanning it to the appropriate folders.
- Scanning checks to the bank.
- Documenting policies and procedures.
- Posting bank receipts.
- Posting recurring monthly entries.
- Performing other related tasks as from time to time requested.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of experience; accountancy qualification an advantage
- Extensive Accounts Payable experience
- Thorough understanding of basic double entry bookkeeping
- Confident user of one / more accounting system; Sage/X3 advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills with a professional attitude.
- High attention to detail and quality
- Highly organized and efficient individual capable of working under remote supervision
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Fully paid Medical and Dental PPO
- Fully paid Basic Life and AD&D
- 401k & FSA
- Everyday Wellness, weekly yoga/stretch sessions
- 30 days paid time off each year including Vacation and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Norwalk, CT
Work authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
Albourne America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Albourne America LLC will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.