There is something meaningfully different about Andersen. A key to the company’s enduring success is our sincere and thorough effort to do the right thing for our customers, for our employees, for the community, and for the environment. We lead the industry because we believe that we can make the world a better place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their association with Andersen.
Andersen is a place of vibrant energy and innovation. There has never been a more exciting time to be at Andersen. It isn't our history that makes us an industry leader, it's our commitment to innovation. We're constantly setting new standards for windows and doors that raise the bar for the entire industry. Being around since 1903 means we haven't just seen where the industry's been—we guide where it's going.
Join a team that innovates, develops and executes product design initiatives within the Research, Development, and Innovation Organization at Andersen Windows and Doors. You will be integral in creating industry-leading high-performing durable product solutions. You will be involved in every aspect of the product design life cycle; from the front end of business development through product end of life.
The individual in this role is expected to bring expert mechanical engineering knowledge and best practices to the development and improvement of products that meet or exceed our customer’s expectations for function, performance, and durability. The individual in this role is expected to work in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment.
The individual will be directly responsible for:
- Developing innovative customer-focused design solutions
- Delivering those mechanical design solutions, using engineering principles, in a variety of material technologies including wood, glass, metals, plastics, and composites
- Design for Manufacturing
- Design for Installation
- Technical Documentation
- Technical Presentations
- Engineering Change Orders
- Production Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of related mechanical design experience
- Experienced with communicating concepts through line sketching and rendering techniques
- Experienced with 2D & 3D CAD modelling
- Demonstrated use of FEA
- Demonstrated use of dimensional tolerance analysis
- Demonstrated ability to design experimentation, analyze results and draw conclusions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner with a high level of ambition and drive
- Strong people skills, able to work in a highly collaborative team environment