This 16-week, paid, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate’s advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
Amazon is one of the most-loved brands in the US. This Business Intelligence Engineer will help pinpoint how Amazon can continue to delight customers. We are the Data and Insights team, and we serve the Lifecycle Engagement and North American Marketing teams. Our work informs strategies that encourage customers to choose Amazon for their day-to-day shopping needs.
The Data and Insights team does three things. 1) We identify trends in customer behavior using analytical and Data Science techniques. 2) We design automated reporting using AWS technologies and Business Intelligence tools. And 3) we create data products like customer segments and propensity models. We are a new team, which brings the opportunity to invent in undefined spaces. We have the privilege and the responsibility of having an outsized influence with our business partners.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- Must be unemployed for 1+ years
- Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
- 5+ years of work experience with at least 3+ years of experience working in a analytical role with proven experience of providing recommendations for strategic decision-making.
- Experience with Advanced SQL
- Experience delivering automated reports using reporting or data visualization tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, QlikView, or MicoStrategy
- Experience designing and working with engineers to build analytics reporting services for production environments
- Open to relocate to Seattle, Washington
- MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Experience successfully communicating with internal customers, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe Business Intelligence decisions or analytics strategy
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring others on best practices in Business Intelligence
- Knowledge of best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, budgeting, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 42.16/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.