Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Who are we looking for
Nike has embraced big data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We are looking to expand our Data Engineering team to keep pace and are searching for multiple Senior Data Engineers.
What will you work on
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work with a variety of hardworking Nike teammates and be a driving force for building world-class solutions for Nike Technology and its business partners, working on development projects related to supply chain, commerce, consumer behavior and web analytics among others.
Who will you work with
This role is part of Nike’s Enterprise Data & Analytics Organization and you will collaborate with outstanding talent of people in the field of Data Engineering with a goal of better business insights and driving data driven decisions across the organization. You’ll be working closely with Internal partners, Product Owners, Engineering Leaders, Data Analysts, Big Data Leads and Engineers.
- Design and implement data products and features in collaboration with product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology
- Contribute to overall architecture, frameworks and patterns for processing and storing large data volumes
- Evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing
- Translate product backlog items into engineering designs and logical units of work
- Profile and analyze data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions
- Define and apply appropriate data acquisition and consumption strategies for given technical scenarios
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using tools and languages prevalent in the big data ecosystem
- Build utilities, user defined functions, libraries, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns
- Implement complex automated routines using workflow orchestration tools
- Anticipate, identify and tackle issues concerning data management to improve data quality
- Build and incorporate automated unit tests and participate in integration testing efforts
- Utilize and advance continuous integration and deployment frameworks
- Work across teams to resolve operational & performance issues
What you bring to Nike:
- MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical field
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale software development, 2+ years of big data experience
- Strong programming experience, Python or Scala preferred.
- Experience designing, estimating and executing for complex software projects
- Extensive experience working with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, etc.
- Experience with messaging/streaming/complex event processing tooling and frameworks with an emphasis on Spark Streaming or Structured Streaming and Apache Nifi
- Experience with data warehousing concepts, SQL and SQL Analytical functions
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Apache Airflow
- Experience with source code control tools like Github or Bitbucket
- Experience with performance and scalability tuning
- Proven understanding of the principles of Domain Driven Design
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business partners
- Experience in Agile/Scrum application development
The following skills and experience are also relevant to our overall environment, and nice to have:
- Experience with Java
- Experience working in a public cloud environment, particularly AWS
- Experience with cloud warehouse tools like Snowflake
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience building RESTful API’s to enable data consumption
- Experience with build tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation and automation tools such as Jenkins or Circle CI
- Experience with practices like Continuous Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
- Proven experience and drive to deliver results on multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.