We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer (Relaunch Your Career)
This role is part of Mastercard’s Relaunch Your Career program. This is a 16-week paid placement that helps people who have had a career break return to work. You will have the chance to be part of a dynamic team, lead engaging projects, plus receive on-the-job training and coaching and support. At the end of the paid placement, there is a potential for you to be hired in a permanent role. This position is at the mid-career level
Brighterion, a Mastercard company, was founded in 2000 and acquired by Mastercard in 2017. We deliver a leading artificial intelligence and machine learning platform that provides real-time mission critical intelligence from any data source, regardless of type, complexity or volume. Our AI solution secures billions of transactions monthly and is used and trusted by many of the world’s leading organizations and governments in payments, compliance, financial markets, security and defense, healthcare, Internet of Things, marketing and more. Currently we serve 74/100 of the largest U.S. banks and more than 2,000 customers worldwide, processing more than 100 billion transactions annually.
Our software applies a combination of high performance machine learning algorithms and common logic expressions to predict thousands of inferences per second. Our SET for model integration assists our dev ops and machine learning teams to validate that models are ready for market with the technical and business performance our customers expect. You will also be part of a larger team who are responsible for packaging AWS ready software components into repeatable on-behalf implementations to host a variety of predictive models deployed on the Mastercard payments networks for real-time detection, and customer on-premise implementations for their own common internal risk use cases.
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on business needs.
• Apply best development practices to write well designed, maintainable, testable, scalable, and secure code.
• Design and implement new data sources using technology selections and architecture which are fit for application and research purposes
• Develop new dashboards and aggregations to help customers visualize their solution performance
• Build a portfolio of standard and adhoc reporting capabilities for customers to manage their own operating space.
What we offer to help you find your way as a Relauncher:
• A 16-week program, on a paid fixed-term contract
• Comprehensive learning resources to help you settle in and grow – from learning about our business, to workshops on presentations and networking, online learning and coaching from managers
• A structured ‘Getting Started’ program
• An engaging and stimulating project to work on
• A career buddy assigned from day one
• A supportive manager equipped to help people return to work, with regular check-in sessions
• Depending on availability and our selection criteria, the chance to be hired for a permanent role
All About You
• Expertise with PostgreSQL and Oracle for relational data requirements
• Proven experience building data pipelines and transformations using Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hive and MapReduce
• Ability to develop data visualization component libraries and productized dashboards using Kibana, Quicksight, Qlik, and D3
• Experience with AWS services EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, Kinesis, EMR, RedShift, and other data technologies
• Experience with infrastructure orchestration and/or infrastructure as code (Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
• Sharp analytical abilities
Relaunch Your Career is for People Who:
• Have taken a career break of around two years or more
• Are keen to return to work on a permanent basis
• Have previous experience at mid-management level, ideally gained in technology, financial services and professional services organizations
• Are team players, collaborative, excellent relationship builders and influencers, great problem solvers and adaptable
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.?
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.