Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
We Need Someone Who Speaks Computer
Computers have their own language. Which most of us don’t speak. But you do. And we need your fluency. Let’s face it. The modern world is shackled to computers so we need experts like yourself to keep us running. So come join our crew. You don’t have to call yourself The Computer Whisperer but we might.
As Product Manager on the Converse Technology team, you will be accountable for leading the definition and execution of technical capabilities for applications around the globe for our CREATE domain and related systems and processes – this will primarily be focused on Product Creation and will include all end to end related systems and processes.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of our Product Creation system (Flex PLM), including partnering with our vendor (PTC), directing the activities of our engineering team that supports this platform and working as a strategic partner with our business counterparts to define priorities and overall related strategies.
Specifically, this will include designing and implementing necessary application configuration changes, ensuring all testing, including regression testing plans and developed and executed. Identify gaps and provides technical expertise in business requirements for system functional specifications and scales new and current systems, processes and procedures in a cost-effective manner; Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Stakeholder Management: Strategy, tactical execution, communications, etc. – align on all aspects of the Product Creation lifecycle across all Product engines
- Define and communicate Product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Define Epics, manage and prioritize the Product backlog on an ongoing basis
- Understand current and future customer needs, define features, determine success criteria, validate solutions, and evaluate customer satisfaction
- Ensure cross functional teams have the full context and understanding of customers and business environment to create valuable solutions
- Ensure compliance to Converse Information Security requirements and proactively manage to evolve standards
- Assess the business impact of different solutions and the trade-offs between customer needs, technology requirements and costs
- Ensure Product priorities have necessary funding and review cost of accepted features
- Technical Team directing – onshore and offshore resources
- Technical roadmap
- PI Planning
- QBR management and facilitation
- Security and Change Management
- FlexPLM specific – Upgrades, maintenance, enhancements, integrations
- Prior experience of Product Management in the area of Product Creation and all related end to end processes
- Experience in developing and implementing innovative technology strategies
- Effective collaboration and business partner management
- Effective Vendor Management
- Advanced understanding of the Agile principles and methodologies and how they’re applied in workplace culture
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Experience resolving issues with higher levels of management
- Experience leading cross-functional work
- Proven ability to respond to and prioritize changing demands effectively
- Experience leading others in resolving complex issues
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, business partners, and timelines
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum of 3 years direct leadership experience in related Product Creation Technology with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
- 3+ years of successful Product management experience (Strategy development, Roadmap creation and delivery, business partner management)
- Experience in working in dynamic/fast paced Global environments
- Proven track record of Vendor Management
- Demonstrated experience in data modeling and product data
- Solid understanding of Information Security standard methodologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.