Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for implementing end-to-end technical solutions in support of Nike’s Search platforms and services. You'll work closely with the Product and architecture teams to provide leadership in driving technical design and solutions across multiple solution areas, contributing to the future success of the business through innovations in technology.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Leads the design and development of technical solutions that have significant strategic, long-term impact on the business and achieve competitive advantage for the company, aligned with the strategic objectives of Nike and future architectural standards.
- Establishes and communicates a strategic vision for multiple systems and solution areas, helping colleagues translate that vision into value drops and deliverable technical components.
- Codes and/or provides direction and technical mentorship on the most sophisticated coding/development, configuration, and implementation efforts, improving the expertise of colleagues.
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to establish an architectural runway for building Platform solutions in consideration of the product roadmaps.
- Participates in & leads design and engineering of technology that have significant strategic impact and achieve long term competitive advantage for Nike.
- Adopt and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
- Partner with business leaders to provide expert technical advice and influence strategic decision making-Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks-Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.