Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a robust Data Engineering Manager to play a critical role in the development of Nike’s Enterprise Data & Analytics capabilities. You will lead a team of data engineers with a focus on the development and delivery of data solutions and capabilities for Nike’s commercial analytics and data platforms concentrating on Nike retail partners.
The successful candidate is a proven leader with excellent communication and relationship building skills in addition to current, hands-on coding skills.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
In this role, you will be responsible to define technical roadmaps and critical data platform and analytics deliverables. You will lead a technical development team to develop, coach and continuously elevate their engineering skills and to deliver innovative and high-quality solutions.
You’ll lead by example, promote our agile culture, and be an advocate of new technology and development techniques. The successful candidate is a proven engineering leader with excellent communication and relationship building skills. This includes manage, mentor, and inspire a team; managing performance, goals and development potential.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
Now, more than ever, Technology needs to respond quickly to turn market disruptions into opportunities for our world-class brand. To achieve this, we must continue to develop our Enterprise Analytics, Data Science & Machine Learning capabilities and team to ensure we’re maximizing the power of the Nike enterprise in the analytics/machine learning space and managing data as a competitive advantage.
In this role – you will work closely with our global and geographic business analytics, enterprise data and analytics, data platform teams to deliver key analytics and data platform capabilities in support of Nike’s Commercial Analytics teams. You will also partner with and support the continued evolution and deployment of our Agile development and leadership capabilities.
WHAT YOU BRING
We are looking for world class talent that brings the following key skills and experience to this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject areas
- 7 years of experience in software or data engineering, machine learning, IT, or a related field + experience working in an Analytics environment
- 3 years in a management or leadership role
- Experience building cloud scalable, real-time, and high-performance data lake solutions (AWS preferred)
- Proficient in big data technologies like Hadoop, EMR, Kubernetes, Hive, S3 Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Strong background in ETL development, data modeling, metadata management, and data quality, data retention, and data cleansing
- Experience with relational SQL and scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with implementing CI/CD processes using tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, and with monitoring and alerting for production systems
- Experience with workflow scheduling/orchestration tools such as Airflow
- Strong understanding of developing complex data solutions
- Collaboratively review design, code, test plans, and dataset implementation performed by other data engineers in support of maintaining best practices
- Hands-on experience in cleaning, preparing, and optimizing data for ingestion and consumption
- Experience leading and influencing others
- Ability to identify and resolve both people and process-related issues
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong understanding of solution and technical design
- Strong problem solving and analytical attitude
- Able to quickly pick up new programming
- Able to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business partners
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team; running performance, goals, and development potential
- Remove roadblocks and guide team members on work
- Evaluate potential new talent
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.