The EY Reconnect returnship program is a paid, 12-week program currently offered in the NY metro area for professionals who have had an extended break from the world of work and would like to reconnect with their career.
During the returnship, you will refresh your existing skills and receive specialized learning and development, executive coaching, and mentorship from our client services teams in our Strategy and Transactions practice. And you won’t do it alone. As part of a peer group of fellow returners, we’ll make sure you have access to networks and the support you need to feel empowered to re-enter the workforce with confidence. Upon successful completion of the program, there will be an opportunity to apply for a full-time role.
EY has an established industry leading Valuation, Modeling and Economics Practice.? We advise our clients in address their strategic planning, corporate finance, financial reporting, tax, and fair market value needs. As a Business Valuation Senior, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team that creates and delivers broad, analytics-enabled solutions that align to our client’s focus on corporate finance, strategy, buy and integrate or sell and separate decisions, and reshaping of results.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior in our Business Valuation team you will assist organizations unlock value by providing robust value opinions and transactions and corporate finance advisory. As part of the team, you will analyze financial statements and trends, perform business and industry research and analysis, develop financial models, and apply various valuation approaches and methodologies to provide valuation opinions and advice to help our clients enhance their deal value or corporate finance needs.
Skills and attributes for success
- Commercial – as part of the team you will regularly advise businesses on valuations issues with regards to acquisition or divestitures and provide fairness opinions on transactions and restructurings
- Regulatory and Accounting – you will work with management as part of an acquisition process to understand how the value of acquired intangible and financial assets will impact accounting requirements
- Taxation – you will regularly undertake valuations for fiscal purposes in the US market and advise clients on aspects of US tax valuation issues
- Intangible Assets – within the team you would specialize in the valuation of Intangible assets such as trademarks, brand names, core deposit intangibles, customer relationships, banking and other licenses, patents, technology, and know-how
To qualify for the role you must have
- A career break of more than 1 year. You may have taken time out for childcare, eldercare, relocation, or other personal commitments.
- Left the work force with over two years prior business valuation work experience.
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, or business and at least two years of related business valuation work experience; or a graduate degree and at least 18 months of related work experience.
- Knowledge regarding the application of valuation approaches and methodologies for business entities, securities, and intangible assets, including valuation discounts and premiums.
- Financial modeling skills including experience building models from scratch.
- Demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects.
What we look for
We’re interested in those with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. While you will receive hands on training, you can also expect autonomy in this role so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about returning to work and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.