Summary: We are looking for an experienced DevOps (Development and Operations) professional to join our growing organization. In this position, you will perform various development activities for support including continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous testing, and continuous monitoring for various APIs hosted in the cloud. Additionally, the DevOps Engineer will perform script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations and assist with setup and maintenance of test environments for manual and automated testing.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field
Required Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Work on maintaining and evolving an AWS cloud infrastructure in the GovCloud region that provides services to veterans.
- Work collaboratively with software engineering team to design continuous integration best practices, deploy applications and automate operations and processes.
- Develop infrastructure deployment automation scripts for seamless upgrades avoiding downtime. and processes to support uptime SLA requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, QA, and production environments to maintain uptime commitments.
- Apply knowledge of the latest trends in the DevOps industry and engage with client facing teams to consult and potentially help to implement DevOps practices.
- Four years of experience with general system delivery.
- Two years of experience with DevOps and automation frameworks, including Ansible, Jenkins, Packer, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, etc.
- Experience working with Docker containers and Kubernetes platform.
- Experience with Agile methodology and software development.
- Experience with scripting languages, including PowerShell, Bash, PHP, Python, Node, or Ruby.
- Experience with Linux and UNIX administration.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- BA or BS degree required.
- AWS certifications.
- Experience with using AWS services such as CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience with continuous monitoring and logging tools, including Prometheus, Grafana, Fluentd, AlertManager, PagerDuty, Pingdom, Splunk.
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers (CSP), including AWS and Azure.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.