As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM’s Tech Re-Entry program is looking for talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their technical careers after an absence from the workforce of 12 months or more. This returnship will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. During your IBM Tech Re-Entry program, you will have the opportunity to update your skills in a contemporary work environment. You will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary teams to hone your expertise and deliver on client-critical solutions. You’ll be able to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new skills and relationships.
Re-Entry hires participate in ~6 month program to refresh skills and prepare for transition to full time opportunities. The experience provides personalized technical learning to update and gain additional skills; earning badges and credentials along the way.
- You are responsible for designing and developing Java components using Spring framework to implement transaction management
- You will manage Java objects and enterprise integration needs that involves messages, routers, transformations, adapters, service activators, management and auditing.
What you’ll do:
- You will design, develop and support application solutions to meet customer requirements.
- You will develop technical specifications and unit test cases.
- Perform application unit testing activities such as Translate business and IT (Information Technology) requirements and interpret data models.
- Participates in development of the system test plan and provide technical leadership in system integration testing and participates in user acceptance testing
- Specialty requires comprehensive understanding of Dependency Injection/Inversion of control, Aspect-oriented programming, Data Access Framework, Transaction Management Framework, Batch Processing and ORM framework Hibernate.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of development experience in developing enterprise grade server-side applications with Java as primary programming language.
- Strong programming skills in Java, Data Structures and Algorithms, Web services, REST APIs, JSON, XML etc.
- Awareness of Java version 8 features and coding.
- Experience with Frameworks like Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools, ability to write unit tests
- Knowledge and exp in RDBMS, like Oracle, DB2 etc. along with NoSQL concepts and Database like Mongo, Cassandra, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Container Technology, such as Docker
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology and Scrum
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed