Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com
The Moody’s RE-IGNITE program is a paid return to work opportunity designed for individuals wishing to restart their career after a minimum two-year hiatus. Through this program, Moody's looks to create a pathway for passionate and dedicated professionals to re-enter the workforce. The program enables participants to hone their individual skills, develop new ones and re-ignite their career.
RE-IGNITE is an integral part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive culture and we are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the leading inclusive organizations by Working Mothers, Best Companies for Dads and Stonewall.
The program may have opportunities within our different Lines of Business:
Moody’s Investors Service:
Moody's Investors Service is a leading provider of credit ratings, research, and risk analysis. Moody's commitment and expertise contributes to transparent and integrated financial markets. The firm's ratings and analysis track debt covering more than 115 countries, 11,000 corporate issuers, 21,000 public finance issuers, and 76,000 structured finance obligations.
Moody’s Analytics helps capital markets and credit risk management professionals worldwide respond to an evolving marketplace with confidence. The company offers unique tools and best practices for measuring and managing risk through expertise and experience in credit analysis, economic research and financial risk management. By providing leading-edge software, advisory services, and research, including the proprietary analysis of Moody’s Investors Service, Moody’s Analytics integrates and customizes its offerings to address specific business challenges.
Moody’s Shared Services:
Moody’s Shared Service provides the operational backbone and support for MA and MIS, as well as the corporation-level functions that support the broader work of Moody’s.
The 2021 RE-IGNITE program will take place over a 16-week period, beginning in March. As a returner, you will be immersed into the Moody's organization, and experience our unique culture through hands-on projects, leadership development and networking opportunities. Additionally, returners will benefit from a bespoke support program including returner coaching, support, guidance, and mentorship. Being part of the program also provides the potential opportunity for a permanent role with Moody's Corporation in areas including Sales, Sales Operations, Technology, Finance, Data and Analytics.
Programs would either be run virtually or based out of our New York office. At the end of the program, permanent positions may be available in other US locations.
- Minimum of a 2-year career hiatus by March 2021
- Experienced Hire (5+ years professional experience in one or more of the areas listed below)
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently – proactive, flexible, diligent, demonstrating critical thinking, resourcefulness and initiative
- Excellent communications skills – oral and written. Well-structured and logical thoughts
- Highly organized and efficient with ability to manage own workflow/priorities and meet deadlines
- Motivation & drive to work for Moody’s
Credit Risk roles
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Library Sciences, Data Science/Analytics, Engineering or any related technical field
- 5+ years’ experience understanding, communicating, and prioritizing technology business requirements in a role such as Product Manager or Program Manager
- Prior experience at a financial technology firm, financial institution or other data-intensive setting is a plus
Corporate and Finance roles
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in Economics, Finance, Business or another quantitative field is a plus; CFA is a plus
- Four to six years of experience in finance credit analysis that included assigning risk ratings to issuers and transactions
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical problem solving required
The closing date for applications is the 22nd of November 2020, however we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference for a major in Finance, Accounting, Project Management, Human Resources and or financial mathematics. Certifications such as PMP, SHRM or CPA holder, as relevant
- Strong knowledge of project management techniques and tools in a financial/banking environment
- Relevant direct work experience gained from a financial institution or consultancy firm